There’s a free first aid awareness training session for adult volunteers, run by the Yorkshire Ambulance Service, on Saturday 27th October 2018 from 9am to 11.30am at The Old Bakery, 1c Ruth Street, Newsome.
The session covers:
- How to recognise a suspected heart attack.
- How, when and why to perform Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR).
- How, when and why to place an unconscious breathing person into the recovery position.
- How to recognise and deal with a choking situation.
- How to deal with a suspected stroke (FAST).
- How to deal with life-threatening or serious bleeding.
Place are limited and must be booked in advance. If you’d like to take part, please email Julie: firstname.lastname@example.org
Organised by Newsome Ward Community Forum.